As we begin another year of Inner Wheel friendship and service, I wish to congratulate you on taking up the mantle of leadership of your District for the year 2017-18.
A district directory is a valuable compendium of the profiles and personalities of Inner Wheel members that will provide leadership and support to the district and the clubs during the year. It also reflects the commitment of the those members who have voluntarily agreed to be part of the leadership team in 2017-18.
A district directory can be an invaluable tool to not only promote fellowship amongst the members but also for efficient communication in the functioning of Inner Wheel and its programmes in the district and beyond.
IIW President Dr Kapila Gupta has given us an inspiring IW theme Leave a lasting Legacy to guide our footsteps in service during the year. With unity of purpose and commitment to our ideals of friendship and service we can serve society and grow Inner Wheel by:
- increasing Membership and Extension with emphasis on Retention.
- focusing on women's empowerment and special care of the girl child.
- supporting Literacy initiatives through the T.E.A.C.H programme.
- conservation of the environment and the protection of flora and fauna.
- supporting the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan and Health and Hygiene Programmes
- enhancing Inner Wheel's Public Image and creating positive Branding
- promoting the Inner Wheel International Convention at Melbourne and registering for it.
- providing special care for the handicapped, the disadvantaged, orphans and differently abled.
- organizing need based projects. Let our work in building happier futures and better lives be our lasting legacy.